[OSM-dev] planet.osm - fix
jonass at lysator.liu.se
Sun Aug 13 11:31:37 BST 2006
On 9 Aug 2006 at 17:05, Immanuel Scholz wrote:
> first of all: sorry for the broken planet.rb. I was quite in a hurry that
> day and forgot the testing I wanted to do the next day.
> However, I got a bit of time today to futher test both scripts, and it
> should work now*)
> To fix the current planet.osm file, I wrote a small shell script on
I used that and my own utf-8 filter
<http://www.lysator.liu.se/~jonass/UTF8sanitizer.c> to create an
XML wellformed dump: <http://www.mozoft.com/OSM/planet-2006-08-
fix2.osm.bz2>. NOTE: this dump lacks information available in the
database, ie the broken characters. There were broken characters in
almost 500 lines out of 45 million.
More information about the dev