[OSM-dev] what server next?

Grant Slater openstreetmap at firefishy.com
Tue Sep 8 03:02:01 BST 2009

Politely, hell no.

Compare total hardware usage and cost of operating and coordinating
tiles at home* layer versus mapnik layer. Mapnik layer still operates
from 1 server!

* t at h got us here, but mapnik can carry up further. It would be
excellent to see the performance APIs which grew from t at h growing more
useful, maybe towards a feature set like xapi?

/ Grant

--
Sent from my mobile device