[OSM-dev] OSM History Retriever
Martijn van Exel
mvexel at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 09:26:46 BST 2010
I started working on a MacOS X GUI application to retrieve the full OSM history for an extent.
The current version is very much an alpha but I invite you to take a look at it here:
What it does is:
* It retrieves the OSM features from the API in a bounding box based on an OSM permalink and a bbox width in meters.
* For each feature it then retrieves the history from the API
* It saves the history XML file to the file system.
What it doesn't do is (among many things):
* Display the history in any fancy way
* Retrieve deleted features
I started this because there seems no direct way to retrieve the full history for a particular area. What I am worried about is that this is an abuse of the API, so please advise if this is the case.
The project can live in the OSM SVN if it is considered useful.
Martijn van Exel +++ m at rtijn.org
Laziness – Impatience – Hubris
More information about the dev