[Imports] Import of UNICEF health facilities data for Central African Republic

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Tue Apr 16 02:17:41 UTC 2013

Hello,

A few comments for the proposed UNICEF import

-          I’d suggest import=yes on the changeset instead of type=import

-          school:cycle is undocumented and doesn’t have an obvious meaning.

-          man_made=borehole is undocumented and virtually unused. Is there
nothing better suited?

-          Our tagging scheme for health facilities is a mess. The import
tagging for health_facility:*=* looks as reasonable as possible given this.

The WRI data is more complicated, and you might want to consider doing the
UNICEF import before it.

-          The license is stated as CC-BY-SA 2.0 in one place and ODbL 1.0 /
DbCL 1.0 in another

-          There are more layers on the WRI site than listed on the wiki
page. It would be good to be clear about what is and is not being considered
for import

-          There isn’t a license on the WRI page

-          You mention having the users delete the undesired attributes at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import_CAR_WRI_Data#Workflow. You should
do this as part of the data conversion.

I haven’t looked at the data itself yet, but in both cases the types of
objects proposed are useful ones (health facilities, schools, water, roads
and other basic features)