[Imports] Maa-amet import in Estonia (addresses and buildings with addresses)

SviMik svimik at mail.ru
Sat Mar 30 12:29:56 UTC 2013

Hi!

We have got a good source for import: The Maa-amet gave permission to use their data in OSM!
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Maa-amet

This source have been available for the community since 2009, and there were extensive discussions on the local forums. Couple months ago I developed a set of tools which ease manual verification of the data after processing which was extensively discussed and very welcomed by the local community.
Neverhteless, I was pointed out that I am still missing a letter to imports@, and thus here it is.

Using their cadastre I have already imported address data for existing buildings, and now importing new bulding which was missing in OSM. With address data, of course.

So far I got:
(1) data holder approval
(2) local community approval
(3) separate account for import
(4) description on Wiki
and DWG is aware of my actions.

So, in brief:

* Import type: with full manual validation
* Source: Maa-amet WMS layer (2013) and address Database from 26.12.2012

* Validation tool: http://osm.svimik.com/btrace_verify.php
* Import account: http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/SviMik_import
* Forum discussion: http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=11750

* Special tags: source:addr=Maa-amet 2012, maaamet:ETAK=*, maaamet:orig_tunnus=*
* Maa-amet DB reference: It is possible to match the records by IDs maaamet:ETAK=* and maaamet:orig_tunnus=*

Manual validation:
This is NOT a blind mass-import. Each building is reviewed and confirmed manually.
So it should be a good, clean import.
Here is the screenshot of validation tool: http://svimik.com/osmbtraceverify.png

Recent import changesets:

SviMik