[josm-dev] Bug 595 - Virtual nodes - Comments requested
lists at julius-net.net
Mon Aug 18 17:21:16 BST 2008
Maarten Deen <mdeen at xs4all.nl> writes:
> You have just redefined the meaning of "shift-click".
> No key or mouse combination with a special key I know of changes when you
> release either key. JOSM is the first application I encounter that does so.
> Simple example: use shift and left mousebutton to select multiple icons on your
> desktop (I guess X or Gnome works the same as Windows). The selection does not
> magically change when I release the shift.
> To me your explanation sounds more like "it's a feature, not a bug".
- Click on an icon - it gets selected (standard behavior)
- Shift-Click on another icon - it gets added to the selection
- release Shift and click on a third icon - the other icons get
deselected and the third one gets selected (standard behavior)
How is that different to:
- Click somewhere - a new node is created and connected to the last
node (standard behavior)
- Shift-Click somewhere else - a new node is created and _not_
connected to the last node (modified behavior)
- Click on a third spot - a new node is created and connected to the
last node (standard behavior)
JOSM won't create a segment to connect a just created node when you
release Shift after you created that node.
More information about the josm-dev