openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Sat Jun 12 09:57:38 BST 2010
On Fri, 11 Jun 2010, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:
> When I localized the OpenStreetMap website I picked Translatewiki over
> Launchpad because it had a more active community. That seems to be
> paying off when you compare the statistics:
Actually I have lots of troubles with that.
- How many strings are actually translated? The percentage says nothing
at all. JOSM had 100% percentage several times for many languages.
- How many new strings are comming in
- How is the translators interface? upload/download of .po files
- I found no reliable search interface
- How are fuzzy strings handled - i.e. what is when input strings change
To me translatewiki seems to be much more complicated for translators than
launchpad is (which has still lots of quirks, e.g. the missing fuzzy
I'm not tied to launchpad and would like to switch to a better interface
(althought I invested lots of work to get launchpad better). But it really
must be better.
http://www.dstoecker.eu/ (PGP key available)
More information about the josm-dev