[josm-dev] Endless bugfixing
openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Wed Mar 10 18:27:08 GMT 2010
On Wed, 10 Mar 2010, Sebastian Klein wrote:
> We are fixing bugs for 2 months now, so time can't be the issue. We have
> to clearly identify the bugs that need to be fixed, then just do it and
> move on. The new stuff is probably piling up in the local repositories,
> this stagnation is quite annoying.
Also there seems to be some central drawing and data loss issues.
As said I have little time to do deep investigations, but:
- I see the bug reports and see little progress in reduction
- Whenever I start JOSM myself I detect serious issues still existing or
- We have really lots of open core bugs
- Discussions show me there are still issues which should be fixed before
doing fancy new stuff
- Plugin handling still does not work as reliable as it did before (does
e.g. not load plugins from system files - see bugreport recently created).
This is a very central component and must work reliable.
So my feeling is: JOSM is not stable enough. If you and other more active
users reach a consensus that my feeling is false, then I will accept that
and we can move on.
http://www.dstoecker.eu/ (PGP key available)
More information about the josm-dev