[josm-dev] JOSM bugs and tickets

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Sun Jun 19 10:30:02 BST 2011

Hello,

OpenStreetMap and JOSM get more and more popular which also means that
JOSM gets more and more bug reports.

Currently we have 484 open bugs and 994 open tickets for JOSM and plugins.

If I take approx. 1 hour per bug, fixing the bugs would mean 3 months
full-time job to handle all. Adding the necessary communication and
requests it would probably be twice.

This is not realistic at all (or does someone want to pay for this?).
Remember, we are still only 2 people doing the major work.

So please all of you related to josm, do something to reduce the number of
bugs either by
  * checking bugs and closing duplicates
  * closing already fixed stuff
  * requesting necessary information until bugs are reproducible
  * write patches and attach them to the reports.

Applying a patch takes approx. 5 minutes only. Which still would be 40
hours work.