[josm-dev] MAPCSS

Norbert Renner ikonor at gmx.de
Mon Mar 4 22:27:55 UTC 2013

I also would like to see MapCSS fully supporting relations.

I did a proof of concept for hiking routes a while ago [1], to see what
that would require and how it could look like [2] (the actual
specification and implementation should probably be done by someone more
familiar with MapCSS and JOSM code). So I'm excited to see the new
functions covering part of these requirements - thanks Paul!

It would be great to have all this in a JavaScript renderer as well. But
from the discussions on the MapCSS list [3][4], it seems like others
want MapCSS to be standardised first before adding further features -
but not much has happened? Furthermore, with iD using plain CSS and the
main style being ported to Carto, I'm not sure about using MapCSS anymore.

Norbert

[1] http://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/7151
[2]
http://josm.openstreetmap.de/attachment/ticket/7151/hiking-demo-screenshot.png