[OSM-legal-talk] Deconstructing the "loss of data" claim

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Feb 20 10:32:32 GMT 2008

Hi,

> Interspersed within all the facts in the OSM data dump are a number
> of non-factual elements.  There are both accidental errors and
> probably quite a few *deliberate* errors (I know of some).

I have taken the liberty of modifying the "Copyright Easter Eggs"
article on the Wiki to reflect that situation. Beforehand it seemed
to imply that OSM was free of easter eggs ("because commercial data
contains deliberate errors ... we need our own free and accurate
geodata"), which obviously isn't true any more.

Personally, I do not support the practice of deliberately inserting
errors into our database.

Bye
Frederik