[OSM-legal-talk] License Telephone Debate

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Thu Mar 12 10:58:06 GMT 2009

On 12 Mar 2009, at 10:36, Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists) wrote:

> [...]

Umm.. there are two parallel processes running here, the community is
involved in one and the working group is involved in another. At no
point has the working group engaged with the community and asked what
might be helpful at this point. I am sure you guys are doing good work
but imho the approach around the call is not helpful.

Fyi, I am unlikely to take part in the call for the following reasons:

1) I would prefer to be doing something else in the middle of the day
at the weekend
2) I don't think it is necessary and probably won't achieve anything
that can't be achieved better by proper engagement by the working
group with the list/wiki
3) I think it provides a bias towards people who speak English as a
first langauge... unless of course the language to be used is German ;)
4) I don't like the way the idea was introduced by the working group

To help the process I have provided a signup section on the working
group meetings wiki page for people to indicate that they will be
taking part
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Open_Data_License/Licensing_Working_Group_Meetings

Regards,

Peter Miller