[OSM-legal-talk] Viral can be nice

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Apr 22 09:25:56 BST 2010

Erik,

Erik Johansson wrote:
> Obviously a lot of people think Openstreetmap is more than just a
> collection of coordinates in a db. I think you try to redefine it in a
> way that supports your PD argument.

Firstly, I am not making a PD argument but an ODbL argument here.

Secondly, I'm not redefining anything, just pointing out the existing
definition.

Thirdly, I'm slightly offended by your "I've yet to see an argument ...
instead of just opinions just as yours". I guess if all I can say is
"just an opinion" while what you say is a proper "argument" then maybe
I'll just recommend that you re-read the previous 2 years of legal-talk.
The idea of no restrictions on produced works in ODbL doesn't come out
of nowhere.

> If ODBL existed in the same variants as CC does, this would be easier.

An equivalent to CC-BY is currently in the works over at OKFN.

Bye
Frederik