[OSM-legal-talk] Noise vs unanswered questions
edodd at billiau.net
Wed Sep 1 22:17:53 BST 2010
The complete lack of any arguments left in the brains of the pro-ODbL lobby
shows in the complete falling apart of any discussion on this list, with
previously thoughtful people concentrating on personal attacks on others,
mostly claiming that they are making personal attacks.
1. From where does OSMF get the mandate to choose the licence? OSMF mandate is
to own and run the servers . I got that from the OSMF website.
2. Why is a vote among ~300 people binding on a community of ~300,000
contributors, of whom ~12,500 are active mappers.
3. Why does the OSMF use the advice of a lawyer who was party to writing the
ODbL? I see there the biggest conflict of interest in the project. Good legal
advice is independent, and the price should not involved in determinign
whether it is good or bad.
4. How much data loss is acceptable to the pro-ODbL lobby?
5. When will the tools be available to see how much data worldwide will be
removed? - on a world map, not a diagram.
More information about the legal-talk