[OSM-legal-talk] CTs and the 1 April deadline

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Tue Jan 4 14:13:25 GMT 2011

I will currently be one of the people locked out because I have used the
Ordnance Survey open data which is apparently incompatible with the new
license. I have therefore not accepted the new terms because I can't. It is
possible that the OS situation will get resolved in the next few months but
there has been no progress in the past 9 months on the issue to my
knowledge.

I have contributed regularly since joining in October 2006.

Interestingly people who have registered very recently and who signed up
using the new terms and conditions do still have the OS Open data layers
available to them (OS StreetView and OS Locator)  even though these are the
data sources that are the reason why I can't sign up!

Incidentally, I have also been in private communication with the Foundation
in relation to their articles of association which need attention prior to
any license switch according to legal advice that we received some time ago.
There is a working group for the articles review but it apparently hasn't
actually done anything for the past 6 months .

Regards,

Peter Miller
ITO World Ltd
www.itoworld.com