[OSM-legal-talk] Maxspeed tags in Australia

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Jan 13 09:23:25 GMT 2012

Hi,

On 01/06/12 13:13, Nick Hocking wrote:
> Although the usefullness(or correctness) of these tags is not being
> discussed in talk-au, there appears to be a concensus (7-0)
> about removing them now.

Ok, I've discussed this off-list with Nick and did a test run for 1000
(of roughly a quarter million) ways. Here is one example touched by the
script:

The license change view has picked up that this way doesn't carry any of
JohnSmith's changes any longer and therefore it is now colored yellow:

http://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/?view=wtfe&lon=151.94918&lat=-27.56668&zoom=17

Of course one can simply switch off the yellow stuff with the check box
on the left if one finds it confusing - yellow is just a way for OSMI to
tell you that it considers this way OK based in its own reckoning rather
than because it has a squeaky clean history.

If people are happy with that, I will run the script for the remaining
ways. But don't expect miracles - it's a lot of data and it will take
one or two weeks to complete.

Bye
Frederik