[OSM-legal-talk] License Working Group 2013

Michael Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Fri Jan 18 14:37:06 GMT 2013

The LWG will hold its first post-license change meeting provisionally
Tuesday 22nd January at 18:00 GMT/UTC.

I would like to draw your attention to the following:

We'll be discussing our future role and any input on that, preferably to
this list, is most welcome.  We've started putting together a remit
document here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D3KwSM_BO7KkcbVADQVVn7eFwkD-RNauMwidhhlVPsI/pub

We welcome new members and diverse views. If you are interested in
opening up geospatial data and imagery for anyone to use, please join
us.  You can contact me at my email address if you want more details or
you can join us for one meeting to see if you like it.

If you cannot or do not want to join us long term but have a particular
issue that is important to you and it is in the best interests of OSM,
we can make it a project and you can join us for one meeting or a few
weeks. In the UK, example projects might be freeing up postcodes or
public right of way route definitions.  Do you have important issues in
your country? Are you an organisation that is finding OSM data difficult
to use for legal reasons?

Mike

Michael Collinson
Chair, License Working Group