[Merkaartor] A few interface notes
cbro at semperpax.com
Thu Oct 2 09:33:14 BST 2008
Woaw, dense post ;-) Let's try to summarize:
- "I find it to be the best OSM program for laying out streets based on
Well, thanks in the name of all Merkaartor developers
- "When one presses ESC or goes back to selection mode, the way one just
laid should be selected"
- "probably with keyboard focus on the Properties Dock"
Agreed, if there are no side-effects
- "Is it possible to download just items visible at low zoom levels"
Short answer: No. The OSM API is all or nothing.
Long answer: For this, I just enable Mapnik (ot T at H) as the image layer,
then I know where I am, but it requires connectivity.
The other way is to work with OSB and the World OSB manager. It allows to
download a number of "regions" locally.
It supports "low zoom" reduction and is quite memory efficient. If you want
more details, I'll try to make up some doc...
Jut be sure to download up-to-date data from OSM before editing.
- Keyboard shortcuts:
I committed just 2 days ago a shortcut editor. That, I guess, solves the
- "When selecting multiple items with shift, clicking on an empty area
(while holding shift down) should not clear the selection"
- "Download more":
Prevents having multiple download layers. If you move outside your initial
download area, just "download more" to have current data in the current
Additionally, is the equivalent of download-viewport without the dialog.
- "invisible nodes should not be selectable"
Agreed, I guess, unless someone thinks otherwise?
- "Would it be possible to shade areas over time"
In what use case? MDC, you leave Merkkartor open several days long, or ...?
- Chris -
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Merkaartor