[Osmf-talk] Eligibility to vote for Wikipedia Foundation

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Mon Aug 10 10:22:06 UTC 2009

Fyi, I have just be emailed to say that I can vote to the Wikipedia
Foundation Board of Trustees. I have never given them any money and
have never consciously signed up to any foundation. I would strongly
support a move to this sort of membership before the 2010 OSMF AGM.

The rules for voting for the Wikipedia Foundation are explained as
follows:

"You may vote from any one registered account you own on a Wikimedia
wiki (you may only vote once, regardless of how many accounts you
own). To qualify, this one account must:

     * not be blocked; and
     * not be a bot; and
     * have made at least 600 edits before 01 June 2009 across
Wikimedia wikis (edits on several wikis can be combined if your
accounts are unified into a global account); and
     * have made at least 50 edits between 01 January and 01 July 2009.
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Board_elections/2009/en

Regards,

Peter Miller