[osmosis-dev] Replication Changes

Peter Körner osm-lists at mazdermind.de
Fri Nov 20 08:19:38 GMT 2009

Frederik Ramm schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Brett Henderson wrote:
>> There is a new (as yet undocumented) task in osmosis called
>> --simplify-change which allows a full history diff to be collapsed into
>> an older style delta diff.
>
> In a scenario where you use --rri to retrieve a set of combined minute
> diffs, and if you continue with --wxc to feed stuff into osm2pgsql,
> would an intermediate --simplify-change then make sense, or does --rri
> do that automatically for you?

Yes, that's the question.

These are the scripts we use on cassini / wikimedia toolserver atm. I'ts
quite simple and hacky, but it keeps us up2date in a 1 minute interval.

https://svn.toolserver.org/svnroot/mazder/diff-import/

The tiles expiry is running asynchronous as it takes too long for our
~300 mapnik styles to enumerate all metatiles.

Peter