[osmosis-dev] Osmosis 0.37 Released

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Sat Oct 16 07:33:37 BST 2010

Hi All,

I've just released Osmosis 0.37.

>From changes.txt:

   - Updated the pgsql schema (now version 6) to move all tags into hstore
   columns, add a ways.nodes column and CLUSTER the nodes and ways tables.
   Significant performance increases.
   - Fixed a bug in --bounding-box and --bounding-polygon preventing use of
   clipIncompleteEntities after a --tee task.
   - Added --read-pbf and --write-pbf tasks supporting the new Google
   Protocol Buffer based binary data format.
   - Added a new --flatten task for removing multiple versions of single
   entities from an entity stream.
   - Fixed bugs in the --bounding-box and --bounding-polygon
   idTrackerType=Dynamic option.
   - Enhanced the apidb replication read queries by adding temp table
   primary keys to fix performance regressions with PostgreSQL 8.4.

The wiki still needs a little bit of work on the binary tasks.  I'll try to
get that done in the next few days.  I was keen to get this out due to bugs
in the 0.36 bounding box functionality.

Let me know if you see any issues.

Brett

PS.  This is the first build to be performed using the Hudson server which
should make it easier for others to produce a release build in the future.
http://dev.openstreetmap.de:23457/hudson/job/osmosis-RELEASE-ant/