[osmosis-dev] Osmosis 0.43 Released

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Thu Apr 4 22:51:51 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I've just released Osmosis 0.43.
http://bretth.dev.openstreetmap.org/osmosis-build/osmosis-0.43-RELEASE.tgz
http://bretth.dev.openstreetmap.org/osmosis-build/osmosis-0.43-RELEASE.zip

>From changes.txt:

   - Update command line help to point to the correct wiki location.
   - Remove idTrackerType arguments to filtering tasks, only the Dynamic
   option is now available.
   - Fix the --write-apidb task to use 64-bit ids.
   - Upgrade to version 1.4 of the Gradle build tool.
   - Enhance the build scripts to support publishing to Sonatype OSS
   Repository and Maven Central.
   - Rename all projects to use an "osmosis-" prefix.
   - Included a copy of the PBF OSM Binary project in the source tree, and
   eliminated the pre-compiled osmbin.jar.
   - Remove pbfmarshall project due to the same functionality being
   provided by the osm-binary project.
   - Removed the internal Ivy repository due to all dependencies now being
   available on Maven Central.
   - Rename --read-empty short name --re to --rem to avoid clash with
   --report-entity.
   - Rename --read-empty-change short name --rec to --remc for consistency
   with --read-empty.

A significant change in this release is that the artefacts have also been
published to Maven Central.  This will make it easier for people to include
Osmosis libraries in their own projects.  One relatively minor downside is
that I can no longer perform the build from the Jenkins server because I am
signing builds with my personal GPG key.  The build has been performed off
my own local desktop.  I don't expect this to cause any noticeable changes.
http://search.maven.org/#search|ga|1|g%3A%22org.openstreetmap.osmosis%22

Let me know if you see any issues.

Brett