[osmosis-dev] 32-bit limit in IdTrackers

Jukka Laaksola laaksola at iki.fi
Tue Feb 12 12:57:41 GMT 2013

07.02.2013 11:43, Brett Henderson wrote:
> On 7 February 2013 20:21, Ilya Zverev <zverik at textual.ru> wrote:
>> Thanks for clarification. I've checked and agree with you. But as the
>> documentation states, ListIdTracker is still the default options for
>> --used-node and --used-way: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/**
>> wiki/Osmosis/Detailed_Usage_0.**41#--used-node_.28--un.29<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osmosis/Detailed_Usage_0.41#--used-node_.28--un.29>
>> Will those break?
>>

> That has been fixed in Git (ie. after 0.41 was released).  I probably
> should release a 0.42 at some point, but haven't had time.  The nightly
> builds should be okay.
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osmosis/Detailed_Usage_0.42#--used-node_.28--un.29

Hi Brett!

Is there any plan to release osmosis 0.42 soon?

Now the 0.41 is broken with --used-node option.

Wiki documentation for 0.41 tells only about idTrackerType values IdList
and BitSet. But none of them works...

There is workaround to use option "--used-node idTrackerType=Dynamic",
but it is not documented. As I can see it is working also with version
0.41. And my tests also looks like Dynamic will work with the version 0.41.

Jukka
--
Jukka Laaksola
laaksola at iki.fi