[OSRM-talk] OSRM v0.3.5 released

Dennis Luxen dennis.luxen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 14:17:05 UTC 2013

Dear all,

I am happy to announce the release of OSRM v0.3.5, your favorite OpenStreetMap based routing engine. With this release we add more geometrical detail to our routes providing even better coordinate precision. Apart from that this is mainly a bug fix release that provides greater stability. As always, we are dog-fooding and v0.3.5 is already running on our demo site: http://map.project-osrm.org

This is the shortened change log:

Added 10x the precision to coordinates
New logging facility
Adding new fingerprint objects
Use LuaJIT if available
Use boost timer to provide platform independent timing
convert relative path in server.ini to absolute paths
Fixing boost filesystem to work on old installations, too
make cuke tests work with ruby 2.x
throw an exception when server.ini is missing
update rakefile for convenient cmake setup
updated tests for car maxspeed forw/backw
use exceptions instead of hard aborts

Fixed issues: #646, #659, #663, #670, #693, #695
Implemented issues: #224, #495, #692

Thanks go to Dane Springmeyer and Emil Tin for patches. Please also note the new sub-project called node-OSRM [1] that aims to provide NodeJS bindings.

Dennis on behalf of Team OSRM

[1] https://github.com/DennisOSRM/node-osrm