[Rebuild] Communication to data consumers wrt the licence change (draft)
inas66+osm at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 22:11:40 GMT 2012
I don't think that we should make the API read only for days, go big-bang
with all the consequent risk, because of a personal goal to meet a
deadline. Meeting personal objectives is an admirable quality, but the
decision needs to be made for different reasons IMO.
The argument that this was decided in November so we must stick to a date,
may hold some water if we'd run a reasonable timeline for the interim
milestones (deciding what data had to be deleted, notify data consumers,
and finalise a transition plan, etc). Since we weren't too concerned in
meeting a date for any of those items, sticking to the final deadline only,
doesn't seem consistent to me.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Rebuild