[Tagging] What's a power=station?
Alan_Mintz+OSM at Earthlink.Net
Fri Jan 22 02:32:18 GMT 2010
I downloaded from TagWatch NA a couple days ago, a list of power=station
nodes and closed ways. I then audited each feature in southern CA (36 of
them) against imagery and a list of known SCE substations and generating
stations. Here are the results:
- 1 unknown (unable to determine from imagery or list)
- 1 is the terminus of a HVDC line, which is maybe a special case
- 10 are generating stations or switchyards adjacent to and part of them
- 16 are substations (correct usage)
- There are clearly many more substations that are not tagged (or not
tagged power-station anyway), but probably not many more generating stations.
- 1 unknown
- 3 are generating stations that are not otherwise tagged (incorrect usage)
- 3 are generating stations that also have closed ways (included in the
Closed ways category above) surrounding them (incorrect usage)
- 4 are substations (correct usage)
So, it seems that there is both correct and incorrect usage in similar
amounts so far. I hope to report back with power=sub_station and
power=generator, as well as a count of editing users, soon.
Alan Mintz <Alan_Mintz+OSM at Earthlink.net>
More information about the Tagging