[Tagging] football or soccer ?

Jason Cunningham jamicuosm at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 28 01:26:27 BST 2010

Yes, the wiki needs to be changed to tell people not to use the insulting
word 'soccer', especially as we try to use British English to stop tags
getting confusing.
Just using sport=football would be confusing, so I prefer
sport=association_football
I would also guess that using the insulting term 'soccer' in the UK will
lead to vandalism by British football supporters

Jason

+1. To all those who expressed there idea that soccer should be tagged