[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - area:highway

Nathan Edgars II neroute2 at gmail.com
Fri May 13 09:13:40 BST 2011

On 5/12/2011 9:45 PM, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer wrote:
 > 2011/5/12 Nathan Edgars II<neroute2 at gmail.com>:

 >>> if they are constantly connected (no change of the paving, no physical
 >>> barrier) it's actually not a dual-carriage way. If these connections
 >>> are punctually you'd simply draw them explicitly and tag them as what
 >>> they are (incl. turn restrictions. etc.)
 >>
 >> Well, one could have a single area of pavement with barriers placed
on top
 >> to separate it into two carriageways.
 >
 > Hi Nathan Edgars II,
 >
 > that's why I wrote above: "no physical barrier"

OK, but there's still the issue of a so-called "flush median". I think
in a rural area with few intersections this would be called a dual
carriageway. I can't find an image, but Interstate 90 used to have one
over Lookout Pass in Idaho. You can imagine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPaP3K9xp3g with the concrete barrier
removed.