[Tagging] shop values for _supply, _supplies, _supplement, _supplements?

Ferenc Veres lion at netngine.hu
Thu Aug 22 17:29:32 UTC 2013

Hi all,

There are shop values on TagInfo that refer to various suppliers.

English is not my native language, so I don't know if plural or singular
is correct for this, or which wording would work best grammatically
while also fit in OSM tagging scheme, that recommends plural.

medical_supply
medical_supplies
pet_supply
pet_supplies

nutrition_supplements
nutrition_supplement

(Word "supplement" is used in this context only, diet. While "supply" is
used for all kind of things. I understand the difference, I need answer
to both.)

And I guess all such tags with SPACE instead UNDERLINE is OK to correct.
Is it?

You can enter "supp" in the lower search box to see a lot of different
variations, not even mentioning typos:

http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/shop#values

Thanks,
Ferenc Veres