[Tagging] Multiple purposes for buildings

Svavar Kjarrval svavar at kjarrval.is
Tue Jan 1 13:05:43 GMT 2013

Hi.

How does one tag buildings which are both commercial and residential?
There are two main situations I'm thinking of:
1) The part which is residential is besides the part which is
commercial, but they do have the same housenumber. Do I separate the
commercial part from the residential part and mark each as a separate
building with the same housenumber?

2) The ground floor is commercial but the residential part is in the
floors above. The housenumber is the same. Do I mark the building with
commercial;residential and leave it at that?

Or do I just mark buildings with multiple purposes with building=yes and
wait for a tagging scheme which can handle such situations?

With regards,
Svavar Kjarrval