[Tagging] pk vs kp on *=milestone and default unit?

fly lowflight66 at googlemail.com
Thu May 16 14:47:40 UTC 2013

Hi

There was a ticket [1] filled on josm trac about milestones.

Now I am a bit puzzled as the tag pk= seems to be Frensh and should be
kp=* in English. This is even written in the wiki. Though the usage is
100:1 towards pk=*.
Should we change this tag ?

Another problem I have is that this tag needs a mandatory unit in the
value. I think it is much easier to use the metric system as default and
clear the situation for for other systems to use identical
abbreviations and document this in the wiki.

Cheers
fly

[1] https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/8717