[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - CoreIndoor

Pavel Zbytovský zbytovsky at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 08:09:45 UTC 2017

Hello,

I have some points about indoor mapping. There is already an established
tagging scheme - the Simple Indoor Tagging - but I think it could be
refined a little. Especially it doesn't allow for easy corridors placement,
and also some definitions could be more rigorous. Last year I finished my
thesis on the topic of Indoor mapping and also submited a pull request for
iD editor (see zby.cz/thesis), now I created a proposal to move us little
bit further:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/CoreIndoor

I would be glad for comments, and I hope we could make OSM the best indoor
map ever :-)

Pavel Zbytovský
zby.cz
openstreetmap.cz