[Tagging] amenity=vending_machine and vending=public_transport_plans?

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Thu Feb 16 13:05:15 UTC 2017

Javbw

> On Feb 16, 2017, at 6:46 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> * rice_polishing

Coin operated rice polishers vend a service, and are a large machine that is used by the customer, about the size of a large drink vending machine. They are found in suburban/rural areas of Japan and are placed in a lot by the side of the road like a vending machine.

There are also 10kg rice vending machines that sell pre-bagged rice that drop out of a machine like a giant bag of potato chips.

For rice_polishing I understand that it is vending a "service" - like a coin-op washing machine or massage chair - but they are usually stand-alone devices that are treated very similar to vending machines. And besides the customer dumping their rice in the top, is a fully automatic process and dispenses the polished rice into the customer's bag below.

In some ways it is similar to the souvenir coin flattening machines - you supply the coin, and it rolls it into a shape and "dispenses" your altered coin. It requires no operator and is done for a fee at a small machine you would find in a similar place to a vending machine. And I would totally consider such a machine a vending machine.

Javbw