[talk-au] Australian Historical Maps (Was: Re: 'Break in' the list)

Ian Sergeant isergean at hih.com.au
Tue Jul 24 02:27:36 BST 2007

"Franc Carter" <franc.carter at gmail.com> wrote on 24/07/2007 10:47:11 AM:

> Did you go to the State library in the city ?

No, you can find them online.

Look here ->

http://www.sl.nsw.gov.au/online/maps.cfm

There are some very detailed images, with every street meticulously hand
written across hand drawn maps of Sydney and Suburbs circa 1920.

Again, likely not accurate enough for mapping from, but good for street
names for older suburbs.

Ian.