[talk-au] Wrong way round the roundabout
stevagewp at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 04:32:35 GMT 2009
On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 12:22 AM, Ross Scanlon <info at 4x4falcon.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 21:50:58 +1100
> Liz <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:
> > On Sun, 27 Dec 2009, Ross Scanlon wrote:
> > > But it's just one more reason to use josm.
> > In JOSM you can use copy and paste
> > so I can draw one roundabout with 8 or 12 nodes
> > then copy and paste that roundabout across where I'm working
> > joining up nodes and ways then erasing the central crossroads
> It would still be nice to have a tool to do it automatically or some way to
> scale the circle size.
Fwiw, here's how I convert a crossroads into a roundabout in potlatch:
1) Break one of the roads where it joins the roundabout.
2) Start a new way at the break, click on the entry points of the other
three roads, then back to the first road, forming a sort of diamond.
3) Press "t" to convert the diamond into a circle.
4) Press "r" to repeat the description of the first road onto the roundabout
way, and add "junction=roundabout".
5) In turn, visit each of the roads, splitting them at the roundabout point.
6) Delete all the interior roads.
It's a bit clicky but it doesn't take tooo long.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Talk-au