[Talk-ca] Osm usage of Canvec and GeoBase products

Bégin, Daniel Daniel.Begin at RNCan-NRCan.gc.ca
Fri Aug 27 15:20:52 BST 2010

Bonjour Osmers,

On behalf of NRCan, I confirm that OSM users are welcome to use NRCan's Canvec and GeoBase products for derivation and / or inclusion in OpenStreetMap under the OpenStreetMap licenses and contributor terms,

as we understand that Openstreetmap fulfill the following NRCan licences ...

- http://geogratis.cgdi.gc.ca/geogratis/en/licence.jsp <http://geogratis.cgdi.gc.ca/geogratis/en/licence.jsp>
- http://www.geobase.ca/geobase/en/licence.jsp <http://www.geobase.ca/geobase/en/licence.jsp>

by, among other things, acknowledging NRCan as a contributor in http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Contributors <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Contributors>

Regards,

Daniel Bégin

Centre d'information topographique de Sherbrooke

Topographic Information Center of  Sherbrooke
Ressources Naturelles Canada / Natural Ressources Canada
2144, rue King Ouest, bureau 010
Sherbrooke (Québec) J1J 2E8
(819) 564-5600 ext.242, dbegin at NRCan.gc.ca

On behalf of NRCan, I confirm that OSM users are welcome to use the NRCan Canvec and GeoBase products for derivation and / or inclusion in OpenStreetMap under the OpenStreetMap licenses and contributor terms, as we consider that Openstreetmap fulfil NRCan licence http://geogratis.cgdi.gc.ca/geogratis/en/licence.jsp

regards,

Daniel Bégin

Centre d'information topographique de Sherbrooke

Topographic Information Center of  Sherbrooke
Ressources Naturelles Canada / Natural Resources Canada