[Talk-GB] Channel Tunnel Routing

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Fri Sep 7 21:03:45 BST 2012

A while ago I had a burst of ferry and Channel Tunnel routing, I had
successfully got routing through the Channel Tunnel working, although
some tracing needed to be done with the French Terminal, however it
worked in OSRM.

I had tagged the lines through the tunnel as route=ferry, however these
tags have now been deleted in changeset
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/12858462 with the comment
"Channel Tunnel is not a ferry". The result being routing through the
tunnel no longer works.

I accept the tunnel isn't a ferry, but I would have considered it a rail
ferry. Before I start an edit war, is there a better way to tag a rail
ferry, that works with routing, than the way I did it?

Have not yet contacted the mapper.

Thanks Phil (trig222)