[Talk-GB] Updated OS OpenData Street View

Grant Slater openstreetmap at firefishy.com
Sun Sep 9 23:15:37 BST 2012

Talk-GB,

I have updated http://os.openstreetmap.org/ to the latest OS OpenData
Street View (May/2012).

OS are now using a slightly smaller/tweaked font for some road names /
other features, allowing them to add additional names where the space
did not allow this in the past.

The OS Street View background options in Potlatch 2 and JOSM have
already been updated, but be aware you may have locally cached tiles.
I have removed the WMS service from os.openstreetmap.org. If you
require the WMS service please chat to me in #osm-dev on OFTC
http://irc.osm.org/

Tech:
The new os.openstreetmap.org setup uses MapServer and is a
significantly cleaner implementation than what we used before.
Tiles are now rendered on demand (upto zoom 22), are better projected
and the colours are not modified from the original palette.

Very raw setup notes + config is available here:
https://github.com/Firefishy/os_opendata_streetview_mapserver

Regards
 Grant