[Talk-in] Time for consensus

PlaneMad thePlaneMad at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 11:36:04 BST 2008

I have been planning to give the osm project some publicity here in chennai
and before i can do that, it is important that we agree on tagging standards
for the country to guide new mappers otherwise the whole project may go into
chaos.

I  request everyone to share their mapping experience and actively
participate in the discussions at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Talk:WikiProject_India so that we
have some agreed standards that we can follow. Once this is done, i can
publicly start talking about the osm project in radio and newspapers.Also,
to guide newcomers i have added a getting started section to the project
page
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/WikiProject_India#Getting_started

Please feel free to expand improve the project page. There just seems to be
a lot of clutter and information that is fragmented. Its about time we start
organising stuff.

-arun