[talk-ph] OSM Vacation Offer

Mike Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Thu Feb 19 17:20:25 GMT 2009

At 02:18 PM 19/02/2009, Eugene Alvin Villar wrote:
>I'll do some research to get a rough estimate on how long it will likely take to map the whole of Boracay so we'll know what travel package to get (3D 2N? or 4D 3N?). I remember it taking me about an hour to walk the whole stretch of White Beach so it will probably take a whole day just to map out the White Beach properties.

It took me 2 1/2 energetic days to collect the data for the original OSM Boracay map - which I think is still pretty much everything you see bar some new side roads and tracks.  Exclusively on foot with two motorbike taxi rides.  That included location and digital photo of every hotel, main tourist points (ferry, Mount Luho, Bat Cave ...), most restaurants and most tourist-oriented shops.  I'd add another day if you need to go into the hotels to get contact info.  Or you can cut some time off by hiring a bicycle - I believe there was a place in the D'Mall area, I'll check and add it if I have time.

FYI, I've contributed the hotel locations and tourist points already; the rest was for a potentially-commercial project but I may release it later.

Mike