[talk-ph] OSM Philippines meet-up

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 02:10:05 GMT 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 8:03 PM, Eugene Alvin Villar <seav80 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Also, I think we should finalize the logistics for the GPStogo devices in
> this meetup. Here are some points:

Agreed, I plan to get them by next week and bring them to the meet-up.
Some people pledged to share a part of the cost.  I will shoulder the
rest.

> 1. Is it possible for OSMF to reimburse the P4,000 customs fee?
Personally, I want the OSM Phil. shoulder the custom fees.  We call
this in development work as "counterpart".
A way showing we are taking responsibility to the equipment loaned to us.

> 2. I'm willing to share P1,000 for the custom fee. I can give the money
> during the meetup.
Alright!

>  If Ian will attend, then he can get his device. (I vote
> that he gets one since he's often in places where there are no Yahoo!
> imagery, especially in Laguna.)
+1

> 4. Who will get the other devices? I would be a waste if we can't take
> advantage of these 4 devices during the initial 6-month loan period. (I'd be
> willing to lug around one of them but only if there are no others more
> worthy since I rarely go out of Metro Manila and there are only a few places
> here that aren't updated in the Yahoo! imagery.)
Let's discuss this during the meet-up.