[Talk-us] U.S. Local Chapters
sarah.m.manley at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 19:02:56 BST 2009
Yes, that was helpful, thanks Bill.
So, as mentioned before, we should probably set a time to plan a conference
call so we can start to make some decisions. Does anyone have access to a
conference call service? I do not.
I would say a tentative agenda is:
1. decide where we plan to incorporate (I think we can request proposals to
be listed on the wiki prior and establish a way to vote on it).
2. allocating legal assistance
3. est. a timeline for ratifying draft rules
4. closer look at OSMF local chapter agreement
5. finances-- begin discussing membership types/fees/accounting
6. board selection - begin discussing process for electing board members,
and early nominations
Also, if anyone has connections at wikimedia ( I have some I can try to work
on), it would probably be helpful to have someone from there who has already
gone through a similar process to be on our call or for one of us to report
back to the group with their suggestions/advice.
On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 9:48 AM, SteveC <steve at asklater.com> wrote:
> Really interesting post, thanks
> On 29 Sep 2009, at 20:10, Bill Ricker wrote:
>> If your are going to incorporate at a national level, please look at
>> examples of good and bad examples in the FOSS community.
>> GrokLaw linked to this discussion, which has relevance outside its own
>> n1vux at arrl.net bill.n1vux at gmail.com
> Yours &c.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Talk-us