[Talk-us] Whole-US Garmin Map update - 09-04-2010

Dave Hansen dave at sr71.net
Thu Apr 15 16:56:37 BST 2010

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Dave Hansen <daveh at openstreetmap.org>
To: dave at sr71.net
Subject: Whole-US Garmin Map update - 09-04-2010
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 16:19:45 +0100

These are based off of Lambertus's work here:

	http://garmin.na1400.info/routable.php

I wrote scripts to joined them myself to lessen the impact of doing a
large join on Lambertus's server.  I've also cut them in large longitude
swaths that should fit conveniently on removable media.

	http://daveh.dev.openstreetmap.org/garmin/Lambertus/09-04-2010

There have been some missing tiles from Lambertus's map (the red
rectangles),  I don't see any at the moment, so you may want to update
if you had issues with the last set.

If you buy a new card (especially SDHC), some are FAT16 from the
factory.  I had to reformat it to let me create a >2GB file.

-- Dave