[Talk-us] MassGIS building conversion

Jason Remillard remillard.jason at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 03:50:44 GMT 2012

Hello Everybody,

Last week the Massachusetts mapping department (MassGIS) released data for
all of the buildings in the state.

http://www.mass.gov/anf/research-and-tech/it-serv-and-support/application-serv/office-of-geographic-information-massgis/datalayers/structures.html

Since it is likely that next year we will be importing this data into OSM
to support addresses, I figured it would be useful to convert the files to
OSM format and share them.

The data is here.

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B6HixOxli_6ldGVkREtxdk5lWGM/edit

The link has a zip file for each town in MA. In the zip file are two OSM
files. One OSM file has all of the buildings in the MassGIS data set. The
second file has just the buildings that are missing from OSM.

If you are mapping in MA, please take a look.

Jason