[OSM-talk] Isle of Wight workshop

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Mon Feb 20 13:38:12 GMT 2006

Yes, it's happening.

Please redistribute:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/OSM_Workshop

What:
  Isle of Wight mapping workshop and general get together for
  OpenStreetMap.org fans where we plan to map the entire Isle using GPS on
  cars, cycling and by foot. This is our first official meetup and will
  result in a released map of the Isle of Wight.

When:
  Friday 5th to Sunday 7th May. Cottage probably booked 30th April -> 7th
  May and all welcome at any point.

Where:
  Isle of Wight, off the south English coast:
  http://www.openstreetmap.org/index.html?lat=50.688627413475814&lon=-1.376037&zoom=11

Who:
  You? I need 50 GBP non-refundable deposit per person for cottage by
  the 27th Feb ideally. Once booked we can add people an upgrade the
  cottage size. You can attend for free, of course, but without a cottage
  we have no base for things like computers so please stay with us :-)

  Final cost for accomodation likely to be between 60-100 GBP
  depending on sponsorship and numbers. Paypal steve at asklater.com with 4%
  added for paypal charges or email for bank or cheque details.
  People welcome to crash on the floor if space available.

Sponsorship:
  I'm going to people asking for sponsorship of car rental, accomodation,
  food, GPS units etc. If you can provide sponsorship or know someone who
  can then get in touch.

Details, details:
  Please update the wiki with travel info, offer lifts, equipment you'll
  be bringing, etc.

have fun,