[Openstreetmap] JOSM 1.0 released

Immanuel Scholz immanuel.scholz at gmx.de
Sun Jan 22 16:27:57 GMT 2006

The first final version of JOSM is released. Thank you for your help with
testing. I am sorry that I could not include every suggested feature, but
I did what I could ;-)

download: http://www.eigenheimstrasse.de/josm/josm-1.0.jar
wiki: http://www.eigenheimstrasse.de/wiki/josm
bugs: josm at eigenheimstrasse.de

Features:
- Edit OSM data offline.
- Download (or load from a file) raw GPS data. More than one file can be
loaded and shown/hidden on demand.
- Support for OSM's own XML (real data only), CSV (raw gps only) and GPX
(both)
- Easy zooming and moving with right mouse button and scroll wheel
- Full support for unlimited undo/redo
- Projection either in Mercator (like the applet) or EPSG:4263 (like NASA)
- Download / upload directly to OSM server.
- Download will merge. No changes are lost.
- Full support for properties. Change whole sets of objects at once.
- Comprehensive Manual with lots of tips and tricks at
http://wiki.eigenheimstrasse.de/wiki/JOSM/User_Manual

Future plans are:
- Relax a bit. Have a coding break.
- Server stuff (CSV, db...).