[OSM-talk] How to...

Colin Mackay colin.mackay at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 21:30:31 GMT 2006

Hi all,

As I continue to take my first steps in this project I thought it
would be great to produce a "How to" as I go so that anyone who wants
to upload data, but maybe is a little unsure of how to get data out of
a GPS can have a document they can use as a guide. (Basically, because
I would have liked one, but couldn't find one)

My idea is to have a series of "how tos" for various GPS devices that
people can use as a quick start. However, I'll need help as my pocket
cannot afford all those GPS devices to test :).

Anyway, I've created one for my brand new GPS device as a
starter-for-ten. What do you think?

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/How_to_get_data_from_a_Geko_201

At present the only link to it is from my user page on the wiki. If
you think it is a good idea, and are willing to create similar pages
for other devices, we could have a set of them linked from the main
page, or FAQ or some such highly visible place a newbie is likely to
stumble upon.

Regards,
Colin.