[OSM-talk] rails port beta live
steve at asklater.com
Sat Apr 7 21:30:25 BST 2007
spent a day coding, look at:
with thanks to dan moore and nick black for some bits
notes off the top of my head:
* api 0.4, clean rewrite of all code
* GPX api
* nicer+faster GPX navigation
* user diaries (alpha)
* make other users your friends (alpha)
* very broken potlatch integration
* user settings
* make your edits public, and have that appear in API data
* slippy map resizes to window
now for the downside:
* only tested on firefox 126.96.36.199. I don't have a windows machine to get
* no editors can actually speak 0.4 yet AFAIK
* undoubted misc bugs with MIME types, UTF8 sanity checking, funny
looking URLs. Also the social networking side is alpha.
* no search api yet, but it won't be hard
Please feel free to fix any bugs you find or put them on trac
(http://trac.openstreetmap.org/) with 'rails_port' as the component.
Please test to your hearts content things like the API, RSS etc etc etc.
Unless the world explodes it can probably go live over the developer
weekend (which is 6 days away).
SteveC steve at asklater.com http://www.asklater.com/steve/
More information about the talk