[OSM-talk] Web Based Yahoo! Maps/OpenLayers Editor
frederik at remote.org
Tue Apr 17 00:14:26 BST 2007
that editor looks quite cool. It feels a lot more responsive than
the applet, and more intutive as well (but then I must admit that I have
never done a lot of editing with the applet).
Things I would like (or didn't find/understand):
1. I drew an area and tagged it, then hit "upload", and then wanted to
get the OSM for it to load into JOSM. I clicked on "OSM" and got an OSM
dump of *everything* from the server instead of only seeing my changes.
How do I get my changes only?
2. Would it be possible to show existing drawing by others in another color?
3. Trying to find out what is already there in OSM was cumbersome
because it required constant switching of layers. Would it somehow be
possible to make a bounding box query against the server and display all
existing nodes and segments for the area on top of the Yahoo image (if
the area is small enough of course)?
4. When panning in the satellite view, there was a rather annoying white
flash, and the image only came back when I released the mouse button.
(Firefox 184.108.40.206 under Linux).
5. I believe having negative IDs in the OSM dump is not sufficient for
JOSM to trigger an upload; you have to have an "action=modify" attribute
Frederik Ramm ## eMail frederik at remote.org ## N49°00.09' E008°23.33'
More information about the talk