[OSM-talk] multiple overlapping ways or snipped up ways?

Nic Roets nroets at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 00:28:17 BST 2007

> There's notthing intrinsically wrong with having a segment be part of
> multiple ways. It's a but cumbersome, true, but not impossible (you
> know the trick to select the way you want when there are multiple in
> JOSM? Middle-click then hold down control).

You shouldn't encourage people to do something that's not fully though through.

My idea is that a way should have "next" and "prev" properties that
are other ways that this way can get tags from. It should be
recursive, like a linked list. Software can even predict the "next"
and "prev" properties provided the road is relatively straight, or
there are no intersections. So we'll need a compiler to figure out
what the final tags of each way is.

But these things can only come after 0.4 is stable.